Convert a list of Affy probes to genes using Babelomics
From BITS wiki
- You have a list of affymetrix probes from any species (e.g. via Genevestigator).
- Go to Babelomics via http://babelomics.bioinfo.cipf.es/index.html.
- Click on upload data and upload your list under Data file
- Select under 'Select your data type' the format as ID list -> 'Gene' (! NOT Affymetrix)
- Click on upload. After a short while, at the right side your uploaded list will appear
- We will go to 'Processing data' to convert this list to genes: at the bottom look for Id converter and click on it.
- Select your data by clicking on 'browse server' and selecting your freshly uploaded list.
- Set under Select your organism to the correct organism
- Set under Select output IDs Identifier to Ensembl gene (or whatever)
- Click on Run. It won't take long. The results will appear at the right side.
- Open the results by clicking 'ID conversion: alls.txt'. Copy paste to excel or alike.